Trial 1: Too Small, Too Dense, SO yummy!
- They were also on the dense side...onto Trial # 2...
- This time, I added a bit more baking powder and mixed my batter for a bit less time (just enough to incorporate the flour)..the result - the perfect sized cupcake! These ones, I topped with a super yummy purple tinted buttercream (did I mention yet how much I LOVE buttercream frosting? I'm pretty sure this will evolve into the Signature Pipedream Cupcake)..mmm
- The verdict from two of my most trusted taste-testers: a dense but yummy cupcake (with great frosting ofcourse). One of the testers prefers a lighter cupcake and the other didn't mind the "heavieness"..onto Trial #3..
- Okay, this time, I substituted half of the butter with oil and added an extra splash of milk
- These cupcakes turned out great! They have the perfect balance of density, strength in vanilla, and "fluffyness"!