Friday 1 April 2011

The result - my first "professional cupcake decorating" class

So...as you know, I was extremely excited about taking a "professional" cupcake decorating class...There we were, aprons on, spatula in one hand, sift in the other..we were ready! Well, this was NOT what we (my sister, our good friend, and myself) expected! Let's just say that we ended up creating our own versions of the Instructor's designs!!! As a result, I'm left unfulfilled and unsatisfied! I need to find the perfect class that's going to really teach technique...Now, I can't say that we learnt nothing...We learned how to make roses out of butter-cream (shout out to Raheema on this one!), we learned how to pipe "grass" onto a cupcake, and best of all, we learned that cupcake tops taste SO yummy when they are fresh out of the oven!!! Needless to say, we need to find a new class! 

Here are some pictures for your amusement:










Next stop..New York City - Magnolia Bakery and Carlo's Bakery...here I come!!

Stay Slim, Eat Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment